Sunday, June 21, 2009

Lacking in Wisdom.....Teeth, that is...





















So, Kylie and Kathryn both had their wisdom teeth out this past Thursday. Kylie had her lowers out and Kathryn had all four. Kathryn went first and was quite funny coming out of anesthesia. Kylie? Not so funny - she called me a witch with a B when I told her to quit talking and rest. I had to pull over twice on the way home for them to throw up on the side of the road and then Kylie threw up twice more here at home. I put them both snuggled into mine and Del's bed so it was to just one room when I needed to take care of them. When it was time for bed, we moved Kathryn to her room and Kylie to Jordan's room. With them both drugged up, they didn't re-appear until 5:00 the next morning. Friday was spent trying to keep them happy - chocolate pudding, mac and cheese, milk shakes, scrambled eggs, etc etc...WHINING??!! Yeh, there was some whining. Mike came and took Kylie home Friday night, just to return her Saturday morning because Michael didn't know what to do with her. More milk shakes, mac and cheese, treats, soup etc etc..and as much meds as I could get down them. Of course, more whining as they saw the literal swelling of their cheeks to chipmunk size.
Today was Father's Day and fairly calm and relaxing - both girls stayed home to rest while Del and I enjoyed the Sacrament and good lessons on the temple. Jordan called and had a nice visit with Del and then Mike and Kylie came over to play some games. A good Sabbath.
Del had a terrible week. He was ill - stomach problems mixed with severe MS symptoms...it was difficult for him especially the past two days to even function at all. I worry as I see his symptoms increasing in both duration and severity. I even heard him, for the first time, be honest with Jordan in telling him how he was feeling. I need to make sure Del rests as often as I can get him too. It's about all he can do to make it through a whole week of work and then a long Sabbath Day. He's a good man.
I have a long week coming up myself. Our office is moving locations this next week. I'm not looking forward to it. We will have chaos for at least a few days with probably some very unhappy patients. Transition is always difficult. We need to get settled as quickly as possible.
I made flight plans for Jordan to come home next month. He is coming the week of our anniversary and Kylie's birthday and he's going to have a 'Living Scriptures' party that we are going to host for him. We are hoping that he can get some of his dear friends here to purchase some of the DVD's he sells to help him earn money for school. He'll only be here for 4 days and then fly back, but it will be a cherished 4 days for sure. Then I also made flight arrangements for Kathryn to go to EFY in Utah. She'll be there the same week Jordan is here, but catch spending the last day with Jordan. She is very much looking forward to EFY.
So, our summer has begun full swing. The comings and goings will only be with the kids as Del and I are going to stay put, working to pay for the kids to go here and there. But we are too tired and old to be going all over the place - at least until next year. Then I think we'll try and do a family cruise....dreaming aren't I???

No comments: