Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sunday: Pre-Liminary Reunion





I haven't seen a lot of my family in over two years - including my parents. And I was nervous. I had heard terrible things from my sisters about how bad my daddy was suffering from Parkinson's disease and honestly, I had him envisioned with one foot in the grave and one foot out. So I was PLEASANTLY and with much relief, surprised to see him only slightly hunched over with the cute shuffle of a little old man. Okay, so he's no longer the vibrant and energetic daddy I knew two years ago but I could also see that he was also not the father I imagined dying anytime soon. For the first time ever, he actually looked and acted his age of 84 and I was relieved that it wasn't any worse than that.
Family started arriving at my parents home for the ordination of two nephews and the baby blessing of the child of another nephew before we would have lunch and then drive on up to the reunion camp spot where we would spend the rest of the week. Cousins were coming out of the woodwork. My siblings began arriving and hugs and kisses were being shared around the room. I could tell it was going to be a very fun week.
Jordan was reunited with Lyndon and I was able to get pictures of my favorite men - my daddy and my sweet husband. It was nice to have such wonderful priesthood ordinances performed before the fun of the reunion started.
To top it all off, it was Father's Day and I was there with the most important men in my life. I felt truly blessed and made mental note to make sure those wonderful men knew, by the end of the day, how much I truly loved and admired them all.

No comments: