Friday, March 31, 2017

The Trip of a Lifetime - Leg 2 - LONDON ENGLAND

We left Paris Sunday afternoon and arrived in London at Heathrow Airport around 6:00 p.m.  This was customs and the passport checkline.  Hundreds of people...but things went fairly quickly.

We had to take the Heathrow Express, that would take us to London very quickly.

And this is the famous 'Underground' system.  The train takes you all over the country.

We arrived at our Five Star Hotel that Del's company was keeping us in.  We unpacked and then went to dinner down in the restaurant of the hotel.  There were WAY too many utencils for this country girl.  I ended up with two forks, one knife and a spoon that I never touched.

During our 8 day stay, Del had this yummy raspberry dessert 5 times.  Needless to say, he loved it.

Big Ben.  I cried again.  Couldn't believe I was actually looking at it.  It was slightly rainy, but we knew most of our days would be like that.

In front Of Westminster Abbey, where William and Kate were married.

The famous double decker buses - and I LOVED the advertisement on the side of the bus, even though it was for  show that is is mockery of the church.

One of the carriages you ride on what is famously called 'The Eye'.

The view of Big Ben and Parliament as seen from 'The Eye'.  One of my favorite pictures I took.

The Eye, right after we had gotten off.

A 'local', that I found interesting while riding the train.  He caught me watching him.

The view from one end of the train to three cars down.

Guard at the front of the Prime Ministers home.

Where the Prime Minister lives.

Guards at the gate.

Super Bliss!!!

Buckingham Palace

My selfie in front of Grand mum's house.  According to the flag on top, she is home.

Statue of Queen Victoria in front of the Palace.

Wellington Arch

The Duke

Dinner at a local 'pub'.

I finally had the best 'fish and chips' ever.

In the Underground.  I found performers like this all over - and they are good.

Her Majesty's Theater, where Phantom of the Opera was showing.

A performer at Trafalgar Square


A typical English 'chap'.

Found myself a local Brit, willing to have a photo with me.

Yup - Del's golden find in London.


It doesn't look like a tower at all.  But this is the Tower of London.

Loved these officials.

Our tour guide.  Humorous and very interesting.

The building where the prisoners were held before they were beheaded.  Three of King Henry the 8th's wives were beheaded here.  

A guard in front of the building where the crown jewels are held.

No pictures allowed inside, but they were spectacular - fascinating - gorgeous.  And so regal.

We went into see the royal armory  - included weapons of war, both ancient and modern.  

We loved every inch of it.

A nice restaurant where we ate the last night in London. These domes are for those who want to eat outside, even when it's raining.

We found Ice Cream.

Prince Albert's pub.

And our final tourist sight was St Paul's Cathedral, where Prince Charles and Lady Diana were married.  We were able to listen to the young boys London choir and hear a sermon.  Very fascinating.  I loved it.


Our last night, I took this picture.  For the first two days in London, I thought this was London Bridge - only to find out a few days later, that it's actually called 'Tower Bridge.  The London Bridge is really not spectacular at all.

I saw this at the London Heathrow Airport as we were walking to our gate.  I felt it wrapped up the emotion I was feeling as we walked to board our plane taking us from a dream I never felt I would have come true.

No comments: