Monday, February 11, 2019

Meeting Expectations

For Bliss Orthodontics, last year was a year for the books.  One that came way too early for my liking.  A year, I doubt I'll be able to repeat anytime in the near future.
And yet, that is exactly what Dr Henao and her husband Nacho, have set for my goals this year.
It is normal in the first 5-7 years of a new practice , that the numbers will increase 50% the first year and then tapers down and down and down until it hits a steady increase of about 10-20 every year.  But last year, I hit record numbers - unbelievable record numbers.  and to meet those numbers again, I would have to have more consults and more starts than we've had in 3 years past.  I could say that it's just not going to happen and resign myself to knowing that expectations for 2019 are just not going to be met.  But I can't.  It's just not allowed.
I found this post on facebook the other day.
I felt it appropriate.
'If you get tired, learn to rest, not to quit'.
I won't quit.  I will just do the best I can and hope that Dr Henao realizes that 2018 was 'off the charts', not to happen again for awhile.
And I can't beat myself up over it.
January, we had 31 starts as compared to 36 from last year.  My goal for each month is 23.  I only have 11 IB's on the books for February so far.  I need to reach my goal of 23.
I will rest, but I won't quit.

No comments: