Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Prom 2022





 My high school years were not kind to me.

I was a dog - NOT cute AT ALL.  Very non popular and very desperate just to be noticed.

Needless to say, I did NOT go to Prom.  I was never even asked.  Not surprising, but still heart breaking.  Most of my friends went and every boy I had a crush on went too - but with someone else.

My new church calling has me serving in the Young Women's over the 16-18 year old girls.  Last week was Mormon Prom for our Stake and 5 other stakes that joined us.  I was asked to Chaperone with Del as my date.

I don't think I have been that giddy in quite a long time.  It was the funnest talking with each of the girls about if they had been asked by a boy or if they were going to go with a group of friends.  We talked about dresses and hair styles, about make up and shoes and about all the other details that come with going to Prom.  It was a first for many of my girls and I made sure they knew, it was a first for me too.

Prom Night was magical.  You know how many times that phrase has been recorded in a Diary somewhere out there??  The girls all looked beautiful in the long gorgeous dresses.  Some had dates, others had come with a group of their friends; but all of them looked like they were in heaven.  They laughed, sang, danced and jumped up and down to the beat of the music.  Del and I just loved watching them.  Del and I danced a few of the slow songs, but mostly just enjoyed watching the fun all the kids were having.  It was my first and most likely my only Prom.  And I had fun.  I had the best looking date, looked kind-of pretty myself AND....

I was kissed.


P.S.  I teased the girls the next day at church, that I had been kissed after Prom.  They giggled and laughed until one of the older girls said, 'SO WAS I'.  I was no longer in the conversation at that point!

No comments: