Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Cutting My Emotional Ties




My problem every year, when we plant our garden, is I become emotionally involved.  I have hope.  I have faith.  And I invest all my emotions into the success of our future harvest.

It's been a slow process this year - coming to the realization that this years garden will be an epic fail - as far as product.  Del has even gotten to the point of finalizing it's death, calling it 'a learning experience'.  We're STILL doing that??  We've lived here 10 years!  We've had at least half of those years with a successful and productive garden.  But it's been now that Del has learned a lot of things about soil and amoebas and healthy dirt  and compost etc etc...and we're back to 'learning experiences'.  We can't afford 'experiences' and no product.  We're still investing thousands of dollars and endless amount of time into this garden for it to become 'a learning experience'.  PLUS, I WAS EMOTIONALLY INVESTED!!!  The pictures show garden beds over run with weeds, unhealthy product and one bed even re-planted and just now re-growing.

I'm disappointed.  I want success.  I want product results.  I WANT MY GREEN BEANS!!  When I think of our successful years, I want it back.  

So???  SNIP SNIP SNIP!  That is me, cutting my emotional ties to this years garden.  It's not going to produce.  So I'm done.  I have to be emotionally done.  Del can have his 'experience' and do what he needs to do.  But I can't.  I hate trying so hard for something that I now realize AIN'T GUNNA HAPPEN!!  

I guess we'll try again next year?  

No comments: