Thursday, September 3, 2009

He Needs Me

Jordan left for school today. We've spent the past three days getting things packed up, paying tuition and housing costs, laundry and making all the last minute arrangements for his leaving for BYU Idaho this morning. He drove up with his cousin Austin.
When I came home from work , I went into his room to remove the sheets from his bed, find the stray socks here and there, pick up his trash that had missed the can right by the side of his bed and place books and DVD's on a shelf so he would be able to find them easliy the next time he is home. I could smell him in his room - HIS smell...a combination of cologne and his body. It made me smile. I found both his Sunday shirts in the laundry room where he had them hanging by the dryer, so sent him a quick text message telling him to stop by a Walmart before Sunday to buy a white shirt for Sunday. His reply? 'I need my mommy'.
Yes he does...at least until he finds 'a wife'.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Very cute. Hopefully, they will always feel that they need their mommy every now and then...