Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Feeling Some Anxiety

Just a little stressed out lately.
I'm letting too many things get me overwhelmed with worry.
Most recently, is my father.  I'm hearing reports of his rapidly declining health and think that if I don't ask about it, or don't hear things, that it will all go away.  But the reality is, the next illness he gets, be it bad cold, pneumonia, infection etc...will probably end his life.  That is, according to what Elaine thinks.  She is up there right now with him and has been giving me reports about daddy.  She says that on good days, he really is okay, although 'okay' means very slouched over, slurred speech, faltering thoughts, shuffling feet and tired most of the time.  But when he has a bad day, it is bad.  Heavy heart for me.  I've asked Elaine to let me know if my plans to go to Utah in early September need to be moved up.  She has said, 'only if he gets sick.'
Then there are my children.  Good or bad, their comings and goings keep me stressed.  Kathryn is back to roommate problems, health issues and just some drama here and there.  She tends to want me to know everything...which I appreciate...but I don't always know how to handle all the information she gives me.  I can't FIX most things, although she thinks I can, I can't CHANGE anything, although she hopes I will, and I can't DO what she usually wants me to do because I'm 'too busy' doing something else the moment she needs it done.  No win situation.
Kylie is overwhelmed with her full plate right now.  Works two jobs, mother of an almost two year old, wife of the YM President and some other issues.  I desperately want to help, but have to stand back and watch her live through it with just our occasional support.  I would LOVE to be a stay at home grandma, but I'm not.  I would love to relieve her of her burdens, but I shouldn't.  So, I help when I can and watch her grow during the other times of her life. Most often, she handles things with poise and strength - seldom complains and is very grateful for the blessings she enjoys.
Jordan is having some blessings come his way that will provide he and Lexi with a good future financially and spiritually.  I am excited for them both.  He is being offered a situation that will allow him to be his own boss in a company that will give him part ownership and future stability and growth.  Lexi will be able to participate also until she becomes a stay at home mom, which they were hoping would happen soon.  I'm wishing them both success and happiness.  They move out into an apartment next month.
Then, there is the house.  Things have fallen into place beautifully.  This house is meant to be and we feel very strongly that the Lord has been preparing not only US for this house, but the HOUSE for us.  This house has been under contract twice before but due to various reasons, neither contract went through.  The Lord has been saving it for us.  But along with that assurance also comes some difficult realizations for me.
Del asked me the other day, while driving to the house, if I thought anyone would come to an 'open house' party if we threw one.  It was only a moments thought before I said, 'family would come'.  We realize that this move will be changing some ties that we have with friends we have made over the past ten years.  Sure, they will still be friends through facebook and email, but there will not be the constant sharing of smiles, conversation and Sunday spirit as we have become accustomed to having with them.  And my work???  I love my job, but I have to realize that the purpose of moving to where we will be is so that we can prepare our family and home to be a place of refuge and safety for our family and grandchildren.  I can't be part of that if I am traveling an hour to and from work every day and working over 9 hour days.  In short time, I am probably going to have to find something closer to our new home or a job I can work FROM home.  I'm praying the Lord will help me in this area.
I spend most of my waking hours doing my job while my mind races with ideas for the new house.  We are dreaming big....but can see the Lords hand in all things.  He wants this for us too. 
So...I need to release some of the anxiety...hence?  I took a 'sick day' today to just relax and rejuvenate myself..I have Father's Day to get ready for...the primary kids are singing...which by the way, has become a stressful situation in and of itself.  I will probably miss them most of all.  I have promised myself I am NOT telling the new ward that I sing, play the piano or have any other talents whatsoever!!!  And i can't stand little children!!!  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!
Now, a few loads of laundry, homemade cookies and a nap will have me back to new.  Just need to get through this next month...End of July, I should be fine.  Until then, not so sure!

1 comment:

AnnCP said...

I don't know about you - but I just want to run away from my children. I feel so inadequate some days in the mothering department that pretending I don't have these "other" responsibilities allows me to move forward.