Monday, December 9, 2013

Unexpected U-Turn

And I have over 30 yrs experience driving in this!!!
But that made no difference as I attempted to go to work this morning.  And I even left later so as to give the warmth of 34' time to thaw out the streets a little.  But nothing prevented the unexpected u-turn I found myself in when I hit a patch of ice. I had been following the path made by all previous cars, but my car is low enough to the ground that I found ice hitting the underside of the car and shooting me out onto the snow.  The final time sent the car into a 180' degree turn facing back the way I had just come from.
I decided I would take the direction the car was in and go back home, shaking from the experience.
The office was closed due to school closures and the dr's kids being home.  We had already called and cancelled all the patients - I was just going in for the hours...almost $200 worth of hours.
But you know what?
It's not worth it....my safety.
Kathryn flies in tonight.  Kylie will pick her up from the airport because she lives right there, and then Kathryn will drive the van home that we left at Kylie's at the beginning of the week.  Prayers will be happening the whole trip until she is home safe.
I guess I'll try this all again tomorrow and hope for a better result.

No comments: