Friday, March 21, 2014

Updates on 'Nana's' Babies

Emerson Warren at one month old.

Preston teaching Madi her numbers.



All dressed up and places to go!!

These are my three babies.
They are growing up so fast I can barely believe it.  Preston is so sweet with Madi.  His little personality has changed a little bit since they moved from their house and into an apartment.  He's a little more...hm...I'm trying to find the right words.  At his home, he was active, inquisitive and loved to explore and play.  At his apartment, he is more reserved - confined and not very playful anymore.  He fears more things now - I don't know why.  When he comes out here to our house, it takes him longer to want to do fun and new things - we have to coax him more to try and play.  Hopefully, this summer, he'll feel more comfortable playing and getting back to his old, fun self.
Madi is adorable.  I don't have a favorite, but if I did, it would be Madi.  I don't know why, but I feel so connected to her.  She makes me laugh - she's starting to say words - 'please' , 'baby', 'bear', 'mama', 'dada', 'papa' and a few others.  She loves to read and knows that when she sees Nana, that she can bring me a book and I'll read to her.  And she talks - and when she talks, she does so with her hands - SO expressive.  Kylie is just now starting to realize what a 'gem' she has in this sweet daughter she has.  Too many sleepless nights and tired days didn't allow Kylie to see that Madison was truly going to be the light of her life.
And Emerson?  He's already a month old - 4 weeks yesterday.  Can you believe that?  And look at him...he's Jordan all over again.  Sometimes when I am holding him, I can remember Jordan's face and see similarities that are uncanny.  Especially his eyes - and mouth when he purses his lips.  And he's a good baby.  Only fusses when he is hungry or getting his diaper changer, neither of which he likes at all.  Lexi has been nursing beautifully and Emerson seems to be growing really nicely. He's loving all the attention he's getting from Papa, his momma and especially his daddy.  Jordan has set me back on my heels a little bit by really stepping up to the plate and being the father I could have only hoped he would be.  He adores Emerson - I have to BEG to have a turn to hold him.  I will find Jordan reading to Emerson, hear him singing to him in the other room and talking to him in the quiet of the night.  Emerson is loved more than he'll ever know.  He will be blessed on the 30th of this month.
More updates as they happen.

No comments: