Thursday, July 27, 2017

Humble Pie is NOT Made of Chocolate

And I'm getting a pretty big slice of that pie today.
I have a nephew and niece that, for a few years, I was very very close with.  Then our family moved out here to Aubrey, causing some distance between us and a few less opportunities to see them and have them over.  But mostly, my nephews wife was posting a few things on her face book page that I just felt uncomfortable with - and I was VERY judgmental as to what she was wearing, or NOT wearing - and I said and did things that were unkind, unCHristlike, and very judgmental on my part.  I finally deleted her as a friend on facebook, no longer wanting to see what she was posting.
And I hurt her.  Just recently, I reached out on a few occasions, asking her questions, wishing her a Happy Birthday etc...no replies...Then I finally asked her why she wouldn't friend me on face book.  She replied by asking why I had deleted her three times as my friend...and she called me on the carpet...literally called me to repentance and humbled me to the core.  I was embarrassed and mortified that I had been told I had treated her SO poorly and unkindly.  I felt such a hypocrite, such a bad representation of my family and my beliefs, and especially such a poor representative of my Savior.  I was so disappointed in myself.  And she won't be forgiving anytime in the near future.  I've really hurt both her and my nephew, something I regret terribly.
It will take time of true repentance on my part, and a softening of their hearts for forgiveness to come anytime soon.
I have to be a better person.. I AM judgmental - I AM opinionated and tend to not accept those who think or act differently than I do.  And I AM a hypocrite.  I feel so bad - so so bad.
Needless to say, I will no longer be that way.  Not at this cost. I was so unkind and I just can't do that .  EVER.
I'm deflated....just totally and completely deflated.
I must never act this way again.
I'm so sorry.

No comments: