Saturday, July 15, 2017

I'm Pretty Sure the Kid is Winning

He asks us every day; from early morning to late evening, Emerson asks us to play with him.
It's hard when we have other things to do, that we can't play right now...so he'll go into his room and play by himself with his cars or blocks.  But his greatest joy is when he asks us to play, and our answer is 'yes'.
He's been fascinated with the tiles from this game, Rumikube.  Every day, when I come home from work, I will see them scattered all through the front room on the floor, where I can see he has played with several different opponents throughout the afternoon.  And it just so happens that this is one of Shirley's favorite games.  So, the other night, after dinner and dishes were finished and put away, I was able to capture this adorable moment when I was passing Shirley's bedroom.  After I took the picture, I went to my bedroom where I could still over hear much of the conversation in Shirley's room.  Several times, I could hear both Del and Shirley pleading their case to the 3 yr old expert of Rumikube that 'their plays were legal', only to hear Emerson say, 'Nope, I make the rules'.
No wonder he proclaimed himself the winner of every game.
He makes the rules.

No comments: