Sunday, January 10, 2010

It Was Painless





So all four pictures are of me...today...on my 50th birthday. I don't know what I was thinking putting all four of them on - it's not like I was going to look any different from one picture to the next...I guess I was hoping I would...but no such luck.
I have some really good friends and family, all of whom have wished me very happy birthday wishes. Del gave me beautiful roses and 2 'oldies' CD's - a Carpenters and a John Denver, both of which we have really enjoyed and relaxed to today. Plus, he made me a really good breakfast and dinner...Kathryn made cinnamon rolls this morning - fun day. I've had phone calls from my parents, some siblings and Jordan so it has made for a nice birthday. Mark and Elaine took Del and I out to dinner last night - yummy Chili's. Mike and Kylie are taking us out tomorrow and then Wednesday, I'm having lunch with about 15 good girlfriends at Olive Garden. Tuesday will be lunch with the ladies at the office so it sounds like the week is going to be a full week of celebrations.
But my pictures will still not change....I will still be 50, slightly (or not so slightly) overweight, still love life and die with a smile on my face. Sounds good to me.
Happy 50th to ME!!

4 comments:

Kylie C. said...

Yay...Happy Birthday to you. We will see you tonight. Love you!

Gavin and Shawna said...

Happy Birthday young lady...you look as good as ever=)

Debbie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! You don't look a day over 49. Ha! :) :) :)

Vicki said...

Marlys you good great! It's not as bad as everyone makes it sound. So what if we are fifty, we act and look much younger than that, and that's what counts. Plus we have so much to show for it.