Saturday, February 27, 2010

Even Without Pictures

I have come to the conclusion that life still happens and memories are still made, even if i don't take pictures of them. But I haven't liked to post anything without a picture, so they have gone unwritten. And now, I feel regret. So, I have changed my thinking and resolve as to my blogging posts and purpose. This is like my journal and up until the beginning of my BLOG, I did write in a Journal and never included pictures at all. The purpose was to record what was happening in my life, even without pictures. And it must continue that way.
So, now I will be writing of experiences in my life, with or without pictures. Many of the entries will be only photographed in MY mind, but I will at least have it written for my family.
The month of February is the shortest month in the year and yet, with my last day of work for the month being last Thursday, we ended with the best production numbers of my full 6+ years with Apple Orthodontix. I worked hard and in two weeks, the payoff of a nice bonus will be well worth the hard work put forth.
I'm looking forward to spending some of the money to go up to Utah with Del to visit my parents and some other family. It appears that my father is not doing very well. According to my sister Rebecca, Parkinson's Disease is taking it's toll on my father. I haven't seen my parents in over a year and during that time, he has had some dramatic changes in his abilities that are very obvious to those who live up there, and for those of us who don't, we will be quite surprised and shocked to see his disabilities. I need to see him....Elaine and I wanted to maybe go up earlier, before family reunion in June, but Becca says seeing him in June should be okay. I'm having a hard time dealing with the thoughts of my 'energetic and full of life' father going downhill so quickly. I'm scared. I need to SEE him to know how to handle what I see. Del is feeling the same need with his mother and father, so we will also try to go by and see each of them in the same visit. I'm sure it will be very difficult for him also. This is a very hard time for us both.
Jordan is enjoying his classes in school. He got a job with one of the counselors in his Bishopric, who is a lawyer. Jordan is wanting to go into law and so this will be a great experience for him. But the job is in Idaho Falls, over 30 minutes away from Rexburg, so he's needing a car. How we are going to handle that need is going to be rough. We need to try and find him something that will just get him back and forth and nothing more...around $2000 or so. I will need to have a few more good months at work to try and help him out. Always a financial need....He and his roommate are also wanting to open up some type of 'hangout lounge' in Rexburg, a place for the students to go to just 'hang out' and doesn't cost a lot of money. His roommate Jason is covering most of the finances, but Jordan is coming up with a lot of the ideas and creations of the whole thing. Del and I try to be supportive. It IS a good idea, but I'm not quite sure if it's the right timing for Jordan. But we need to support his enthusiasm for the project.
Kylie and Mike are at a great point in life with this new baby news. They went to the doctor for their first visit yesterday and got to hear the baby's heartbeat and see the fetus on the ultrasound. How exciting for them. It all seems a little more real for them now that they have a visual. Kylie has been feeling wonderful - really only has had a week or so that she felt queasy and actually threw up only once. She's tired, but seems to be handling the changes to her body and moods very well. Mike is, of course, beyond excited and so attentive to Kylie's needs and those of the baby. He will be a great dad. Her due date is September 29th.
Kathryn is FINALLY recovering from a 10 day terrible bout of sinus infection, strep throat, double ear infection and bronchitis but more importantly, from the final 'aftermath' of her breakup with her first boyfriend Wayde Voss. It has been a very long February for her. But I think she might actually have her feet under her now and strength to get back on track. She has some school work to catch up on but otherwise, I think she'll be okay. We finally found out she is accepted for the Fall/Spring track for college, so we will be taking her up to school in early September. Both she and Jordan will miss the birth of Mike and Kylie's baby, but we're hoping to go up to Utah for Thanksgiving, with Mike and Kylie, and having the college kids come down from Idaho so they can see the baby along with great grandparents.
Del was passed over for a promotion and a raise. He was disappointed and very discouraged. He has been working so hard and giving his all, but not to be this time. So, he continues where he is and will still give his all. He and I are SO enjoying this great stage in life...spending some quiet evenings at home, talking with our kids about their lives and trying to help them through each stage that comes their way while trying to know how involved to be or not to be in each case. We have especially enjoyed the past two weeks of the Winter Olympics and the BYU basketball season preparing to go into March Madness playoff's. We have always been such sports fans and spent many a previous year actually attending the games. Not so much now, as we can't afford the luxury of traveling here and there, but we see what we are able on tv.
A good stage in life...enjoying it all, with or without pictures to post.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Great post Marlys, with or without pictures. Hope your dad is okay.

Kylie C. said...

Good update!