Wednesday, September 8, 2010

My Girls





We thought Kylie's belly looked like she had a basketball in there...but when Del put the basketball up against Kylie's belly....NOPE..the basketball is bigger. And to prove that point, Del put the ball underneath HIS belly. he's bigger by far.
Today marks three more weeks until Preston comes. We're getting more and more excited. Kylie was pretty disappointed though yesterday to hear the doctor say that she hadn't even started any of the signs of delivery - no cervix thinning - no effacing and no dilating. The doctor told Kylie she would probably NOT go early. That's okay though. We plan on Preston at the end of the month and not a day before.
Kathryn has been working at my office and learning how to assist. I enjoy sitting at my desk and looking out my office door to see her working on a patient. I like to kind of look over her shoulder to see how she's doing and she seems to be able to hold her own. There are still a few things she doesn't know how to do and needs to practice a little more at. But overall, she is taking a great load off the veteran assistants in helping to see some of the easier patients so the others can do some of the heavier work.
I'm proud of her. I'm enjoying going and coming home from work each day with her. We're having fun talks and she is opening up more and more about some of her past challenges and how good she's feeling about her life now. She mentioned yesterday how really glad she is that she's not going off to college right now as she's really not ready to go out on her own. I was glad to hear her say how she tried to put on a brave 'show' of being all grown up but really, she's just glad to still be here at home.
I'm glad she's here to.
She has finally finished her on line classes, taken both final exams and passed both classes. She's finally a high school graduate...and I'm relieved. She asked me today if I would finally put her senior picture up on the wall now. I will do that this weekend. She starts her new on line class this weekend for BYU Idaho - a Book of Mormon class. Classes start tomorrow.
I'm proud of my two girls. I love them both -
Each different and unique in her own way...
each a blessing in my life.

1 comment:

Kylie C. said...

Wow. I look really big haha. We will patiently wait for little Preston to make his arrival. He will get here eventually because he can't stay in there forever.