Monday, November 8, 2010

Preston's Blessing Day







What a great day!! And a good week leading up to the special day.
Kylie has been able to get Preston to start smiling - and only she is able to do it!!! It's amazing how that sweet little boy responds to his momma. And so she and Mike have been able to capture a few precious pictures of Preston grinning from ear to ear, but I'm not able to get them on to my blog. But at least I've been able to see them.
Friday night, I was able to babysit Preston here at the house, then Saturday night, Mike and Kylie had us over to dinner and Kylie made this yummy salmon and potato meal that was to die for - with dessert that I could have WAY over indulged in - but I didn't. And then yesterday was the big day.
Preston was just as good as ever. Several of Mike and Kylie's friends and family were able to be there as Mike pronounced a beautiful prayer to the Lord and blessing for Preston. There's nothing quite like a baby being presented to the Lord and blessings being poured out upon him. I was touched.
After church, we had Mike's mom and sister over with the rest of the family for a special dinner and game night - tons of fun - with our little guest of honor, Preston, stealing the show. He even came into the house riding on his new bike grandpa bought him...It seemed to be no big deal for him though...
So a nice, relaxing and memorable weekend for our little family.
Wish Jordan could have been here for the blessing.
Everything has it's time and place I guess.

No comments: