Monday, October 25, 2010

Take Time to Remember It










I'm getting so busy with planning Jordan's wedding details for Utah that I am forgetting to take time to record the things that are happening here at home....
Del is in Idaho with his father. He emailed me yesterday and today, sharing some tender moments and memories that he is having with his father. They are such cherished events and those moments have been extremely profound for Del right now. His emotions and feelings are so close to the surface that he is finding himself in tears many a time in the past two days.
One of those occasions was accented by Jordan arriving and making the memory with his father...three generations there together and Jordan found his father in tears. Hard for Jordan to handle as he has only seen his father maybe once or twice in tears before. I was touched that Del found it significant enough to email me and share it with me this far away. I wish I could be there to experience it first hand, but I'm not quite sure it would have happened the way it has if I had been there. I'm not sure Del would have felt free enough to be as expressive as he has been without me hovering over the situation. I'm thankful Del was able to go.
Yesterday, Kathryn's boyfriend Brett came with us to church. It was nice to see her interacting with him and having him help her with her Primary responsibilities. They make a cute couple. After church, Mike and Kylie and Brett and Kathryn came to dinner. YUMMY ham and funeral potatoes with green beans and rolls - sooo good. And everyone had so much fun- we took pictures, played games, played with Preston, watched family movies and just laughed and laughed all evening. It was so comfortable having us all there - everyone seemed relaxed ..just a great time.
I don't need to go into any details but we're all pretty sure that things will progress nicely with Brett and Kathryn and in time, we may have yet, another wedding. They seem to be very good for each other - and very much 'in-like' with each other. We will see what the future brings.
I went to bed last night missing Del terribly, but very content knowing where he was and what he was doing - I was pleased knowing how much fun we had had that evening as family - and wished Jordan and Lexi could have been here too to be part of it all.
But all in time - everything in it's time and season. They are where they need to be right now - and we are here, holding down the fort until we can all be reunited in January for the wedding.
I'm looking forward to then...
Until then...is our grandson the cutest thing in the world or WHAT!!!???

No comments: