Friday, October 8, 2010

It's a Rebuilding Season

Every fall, come football season, I go a little crazy. Okay, that MAY be an understatement. Okay, FINE - I go downright NUTS!!! Between college football and the NFL, I'm watching football all day long on Saturday's while I do the laundry and keeping tabs of the scores in Sunday's games on the internet.
Yes, there are occasions I will actually WATCH a Sunday game - mostly teams with BYU alumni that I've watched over the years. Austin Collie, Kelly Popinga and some others are my favorites.
Of course, this week when it was announced that Max Hall , an undrafted BYU player would START for Arizona, I went a little nuts...he will play last years Super Bowl Champion Drew Brees, of whom I love too, but of course, my loyalties are ALWAYS to the BYU player.
So - speaking of BYU.
It's a rebuilding year. That has become my quote of the season.
We are currently 1-3 for the year.
It hasn't been pretty.
I have remained faithful and loyal each game but have added a few words to my 'gameday' vocabulary - most of them not appropriate - but I mostly just repeat my new phrase of 'it's a rebuilding year'.
Patience and calm have become the goals of each weeks games.
But, I am a BYU fan - like a marriage covenant, it's 'for better or worse' and right now, it's not so much the 'better'.
So each week, I breathe in and breathe out, calmly sigh and speak my infamous words...
'It's a rebuilding season'.

No comments: