Friday, October 8, 2010

The Refrigerator Door

As it is with most mom's I know, my mother used to put all my elementary artwork on the front of our refrigerator door, along with graduation announcements, wedding announcements and special dates and occasions. As her children left home, married and started having children of their own, the artwork was replaced with photos of grandchildren and then great-grandchildren. I remember a time in Utah, that my parents refrigerator door was covered, from top to bottom almost, with pictures of grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
It got to be too much.
They have now removed all the pictures and started the same concept but on a bulletin board type thing down the hall near their back door.
I am one of 12 kids - who each have 4 children or more - who each have children starting of their own also. The fridge door couldn't possibly hold us all.
But the tradition was great none the less.
So the tradition starts again with my family.
Preston Michael has taken his rightful place on the front of our refrigerator door where we can smile and enjoy his sweet face each day of our lives.
I like this tradition and I hope to fill my refrigerator door just like my own parents did for years and years to come.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I like the quote!