Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Grandma Updates








Mike and Kylie brought Preston home on Friday, Oct 1 and started the rest of their lives.
This baby is adorable...absolutely adorable.
And BIG.
I do not know how my teeny tiny Kylie had such a big baby, but she did.
I spent the day at the hospital the day after Preston's birth, just helping Kylie with things she needed and to make sure she was okay. Although her delivery was great, this was all new to her and I just wanted to be there for any questions she might have.
But Kylie is a natural. This motherhood role couldn't come any more naturally for her and it's what she was born to do.
Her breastfeeding has been perfect, her recovery has been perfect and her mothering has been perfect so far. Preston seems to already be on a pretty good feeding schedule - every four hours - and he nurses well.
We've seen him just about every day and Kylie even brought him over for General Conference Sunday and then to my office on Monday to meet all the staff.
It has been so great to be a grandma.
I can't even express what it was like to have my own daughter deliver her own child - my grandson.
Great days ahead.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

That kid already looks like great-grandpa Dunkerley. Too funny...And is that red hair I see?! Every family needs one, I say.

AnnCP said...

He is beautiful Marlys - congratulations on becoming a "grandma." Special days ahead!