Saturday, October 9, 2010

Good Intentions

I'm not a morning person. Just ask my husband.
I'm up at 6:45 every morning to get ready and be at work by 7:30.
On weekends, early is 9:00 a.m.
On the other hand, half of Del's day is over by 9:00 a.m. He gets a LOT done by the time I'm rolling out of bed.
Del likes to go to the temple Saturday mornings...to the 7:00 session no less. He hates me, I'm sure.
So I try sooo hard to be pleasant and accommodating to his desires but never pass up the opportunity to let him know that it's not MY idea to be up that early.
This morning, my alarm goes off at the appropriate time for me to be up and showered and ready to go so that by the time he gets back from his walking Lacey, I just need to wait for him to finish up his shower and dressing. It's then that I hear him say, 'We can't go to the temple!'
Because I'm sure I haven't heard him right, I go into our bathroom where he is half dressed - pants on but no shirt.
"I don't have a white shirt".
Of course you don't, they are at the dry cleaners where Kathryn dropped them off two days ago!!!
Can you receive exaltation because of 'good intentions'?
Del says, 'The pathway to hell is paved with good intentions.'
GREAT! (moan)
I'm going back to bed then.

No comments: