Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Please Mr. Postman...



I was at work when my neighbor called me and gave me a heads up on what I was going to come home to.
Apparently, a lady was driving down our quiet street at a fairly fast pace and plowed down my mailbox, dragging it across my driveway and into the front yard of our neighbors yard.  She also took out two of our driveway lights but was kind enough to at least leave my street address numbers in tact with the mailbox on top of it, with surrounding bricks and rocks shattered to pieces.
I'm told the police came, 3 in fact, a fire engine, an ambulance and the sheriff.  The woman was okay but a little shaken up.  Her car was totaled out, with the windshield shattered and the front right and passenger side mangled.  My neighbor took a picture.  But she WAS okay.
When I called Del to tell him the news, his first comment was, 'well, did we get our mail?'
Please Mr. Postman, will you still deliver our mail??
The police left their card with our neighbor for us, said the report would take 10 days to do up, and then we would have to find someone to rebuild our mailbox.
Maybe I'll go a different design this time...instead of brick and rock, maybe I'll go...hmm
rock and brick???
I just want my red flag up.

No comments: