Friday, June 2, 2017

Allergic to Everything

Del is at an all time high level of pain and discomfort.  Even the word 'cancer' has crossed my mind and been in my thoughts.  And he has apparently been in enough pain that he finally went to the doctor.  He hasn't been able to walk, his neck has been in pain, his feet and ankles, his legs, arms and almost every joint in his body.
So the testing has started.  He went and had his blood drawn - about 8 viles of it...we are still waiting for most of those results which we should receive later today.  In the meantime, they did environmental allergy testing, sticking him with 6 panels of needles, with 10 needles in each panel into his back.
The picture says it all.  He is literally allergic to everything.  Every tree, bush, type of grass, pollen etc etc...so..that means, that the very thing he does of working out in the yard for mental and physical therapy is one of the many things that is actually gradually killing him.
Nice.  The doctor will also be telling us all the foods he is allergic to - and Del may end up needing to go glucose free in his eating habits.
My thinking.?..bottom line, I think , and Del and the doctor also somewhat agree, that Del's MS has progressed to the next level.  He is now experiencing even more severe symptoms and discomforts.  I'm worried. I'm worried things are getting worse...and quickly. I'm trying not to panic and make things up in my head - but until we get some test results, I'm watching Del struggle every  day to walk, kneel to pray, turn his head, hold things in his hands and basically to simple functions.  I just want him out of pain.  But I'm even having to be careful how I word THAT request in my prayers.  I don't want him out of pain if the only way for that to happen is death.  But I don't want him to suffer.  There have to be answers soon, and then ways to treat the symptoms...
Faith..Prayers and patience.  Not my strong points...but I'll try.

No comments: