Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Promised Blessings in View

This was Del's Father's Day gift from me.  It is a quote from each of our patriarchal blessings, hand painted and then framed.  They are hanging in our bedroom.
When Del and I got married, we shared our patriarchal blessings with each other, and each of us chose a part of the others blessing that we really loved and felt was significant .  These were the phrases we chose.
That was 35 years ago.  Those phrases still hold the same significance to each of us, so I had them made for our remembrance. I love them.  I look at them in the privacy of our bedroom where only we get to enjoy them, and they bring me comfort - joy - security and peace.  I know that my life, intertwined with his, brings these blessings.
There are many other parts of our blessings that also hold special significance for us, And we strive each day to be worthy of the many blessings promised us through righteousness.
Happy Father's Day sweetheart.

No comments: