Monday, June 19, 2017

Not Dead Yet

Continued Health issues are creeping up on us.
Del has had one of the worst past two months ever.  He has swelling in his legs and arms, severe pain in his neck and legs...to the point that he actually made an appointment to go to the doctor.  As I posted earlier, he is allergic to a lot of things, but in my mind, not any that should be causing the symptoms he is having.  It's something else.
His MS has now reached the highest level of severity - and there is something else.  What it is, I don't know yet, but I insisted that he have an MRI done last Friday, of which we will know the results the end of this next week.  He has lost weight - about 13 pounds.  He's weak, he's tired, no appetite and no strength to do much of anything.  That's not an allergy.  Something else is wrong and I'm determined to find out what.
And then I went to the doctor last Friday to find out the results of some testing I've had done - good news is I do not carry the gene for breast cancer...bad news, I have Hashimotos disease, which is an autoimmune disease that attacks the thyroid and now I'm on meds for that.  Plus, menopause has left me with NO sex hormones...no testosterone, no estrogen, progesterone or saritonan.  Depleted - boe dry.  Now, I'm needing to decide whether or not to do hormone replacement therapy or let myself ride the sexless train out for the rest of my life.  But more than just that, it's mood swings, weight issues and constant fatigue.
I've got to get through Del's issues first - then I'll worry about me.

No comments: