Wednesday, May 22, 2019

My 'Heart to Heart' With God

It takes me 45 minutes to drive to work.  I'm stuck in one place - I can't move or go anywhere else but in my car.
So, when's a better time to talk to me Father in Heaven than on my way to work where it's just me and Him.  So I did.  This morning. Out loud. The full 45 minutes. And I told  Him everything.  And I talked about everything.  Just me.  And Him.
Work was great today.  I was calm and peaceful the whole day.  I took donuts into the office staff and then just did my work.  Happily.  Pleasantly and efficiently.  Looks like I'm going to reach goal for the month of May.
Looks like I'm going to make that 45 minute conversation a new habit.

PS.
A couple of weeks ago, near the time of Easter, there was a picture of the Savior on the internet with another picture of the same portrayal of the Savior, but what He would look like today with a haircut and in a suit.  The question asked with the photos was, "Would you know Him today for who He is?" I showed it to Del and extended the question to him of, 'would you know He was the Savior?" Del slightly scoffed, but then said 'I would hope so.  We talk together several times a day'.
Of course you do.  And of course you know Him.  And He knows you too Del.  I just loved that Del had no hesitation in responding that he knows his Savior.
I found Del's comment very encouraging - and motivating for me to develop that same relationship with the Savior. 

No comments: