Wednesday, April 13, 2022

The More I Know Them, the More I Love Them

















 I was called as the Laurel Advisor in the Young Women's about 6 months ago.  

I've never liked being in Young Women's, mainly because I have little to no tolerance for drama and mood swings.  But when it was to be the advisor over the OLDER girls, I felt strongly, that maybe I COULD be an influence for good with them.  

My first few experiences with them though, were a little disappointing to me, as I was expecting them to be a little more advance in their thinking of life - looking forward to marriage and having children etc.  Oh no!  I was wrong - these poor girls are definitely living in the current day of just trying to make it through their homework, their full time jobs, applications to college and getting asked out on dates.  Once I got a grip on this, and accepted the fact that my job is to help live the most from day to day, I started to see them in a different light.

These girls are fun.  They are pretty, inside and out.  They are learning the gospel and trying to make good choices.  They accept me and all of my little quirks as I accept them and all their growth and learning.

And I like them.  Even beginning to love them.  Even in their short skirts on Sunday's, their sleeveless and low cut prom dresses - (although Camden ALWAYS has the most modest and beautiful dresses on both Sunday and special events).  Some of grown and full testimonies.  Others are just branching out from leaning on their parents testimonies.  And then again, there are a few that are trying to figure out if the church is true and if there is a loving Heavenly Father and his son, Jesus Christ.

And my stewardship is to help them all.  Wherever they are in life.  To guide them - to encourage them - to direct them - and to lead them back to our Father in Heaven.  And the ability to do that becomes stronger as I find myself beginning to love them.

No comments: