Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Weekend

No Easter Bunny, but my brother Paul and his family came into town...does THAT count??? So fun to see Paul and Sherrie, the girls and little Adam. It's been awhile...Time passes quickly.
But best of all, this weekend was also General Conference; and boy, it was great, as always. We had our traditional homemade cinnamon rolls, breakfast burrito/waffle breakfast and we added Sean and Becky to the mix this year, and they brought some pineapple and strawberries. Next year, we will have to add Mark and Elaine to the mix and just make it at their house to fit all of us in. The more the merrier.
And it was kind of special this year, General Conference I mean. It was my sister Rachel's first time to sing with the Mormon Tabernacle choir at conference. She made the choir a couple of months ago and had started singing in the Sunday Spoken Word Program, but this was her first conference. And it showed her several times and it was great to see her. I was sooo proud of her.
A dream come true for her...and me.
When I lived in Utah, I went through just the preliminary steps of trying out for the choir. One lady I went through some of the process with actually made it and I now watch her in the choir and wonder what would have happened had I stayed in Utah. Who knows? Right? I'll never know, but I am soo happy for Rachel.
The Conference talks were uplifting and inspiring - and some of them life changing for me. Elder Jeffrey Holland's talk was one of them. My tolerance level for foul language, violence and inappropriate television watching has just risen to an all time high. I will be much more obedient to not allowing certain material into my home. I want to read and re-read the conference talks once they arrive in my home in the Ensign.
But a very fulfilling and enjoyable weekend for me.
I love the feeling of love and happiness of being a member of the church that this conference has left me with.
I'm so grateful for our Prophet, his counselors and the brethren in the church. And Sister Beck's talk, our General RS President - her talk was excellent also. A lot to re-read and study again in print. The fact that it was Easter weekend and the focus was on our Savior and the Atonement was a huge plus also.
So grateful for the Gospel.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Oh how I wish I had been able to ENJOY conference this weekend. My kids were just not having it. :) But I recorded it, so I'll be sure to go back and re-watch the parts I missed. And I forgot Aunt Rachel was in the choir! I'll definitely need to go back and watch for her!

Sean and Becky said...

Woohoo for delicious breakfast!