Tuesday, March 30, 2010

The Discover Card Prayer

DAD'S Discover card, to be more specific.
Kathryn borrowed Del's Discover card Friday morning to go and get gas in the car on her way home from Seminary. Then, she came home and went and picked up her friend Kate to take to school. After school, she took Kate home and then gave her a ride to work at La Hacienda before coming home for the day. Later that night, I asked Kathryn for dad's card and she said she had left it at Kate's house when they had switched out purses...I gave her 'the look' and told her she 'better get it picked' up ASAP. Monday would be ASAP...but in the meantime, she facebooked Kate to look out for it.
Sunday, Kathryn hears back from Kate that there is no Discover card to be found. GULP!!! The command was to 'look again and again and again'..and I'm pretty nervous.
Monday, Kate's dad isn't in a good mood so Kathryn isn't allowed to take Kate to school and look at Kate's house for herself. But WE look everywhere we can...of course, Kathryn and I have had a marvelous weekend with the YW Conference, John Bytheway video and just overall great spiritual experiences that Kathryn feels pretty confident in offering a prayer that we'll find the Discover Card. She tells me to call La Hacienda...
Why would it be THERE??? She only took Kate to work there and then came home. I ignored her. The rest of Monday was anxious, but I told Kathryn to check Kate's house herself Tuesday morning.
I had called the Discover company to see if any charges had been made...none...but they felt we should de-activate the card. That would require a phone call to Del...
Of course Del didn't know about this yet. We had been trying to do all we could to find the card before having to finally confess to Del. Kathryn was feeling horrible knowing how bad Del would feel and the lecture she would get. I was holding out to the last minute.
That minute came today. Kathryn checked Kate's house early this morning and called to say the card was no-where. I told her I would call dad...but then I got really busy at work. At around 11:00, I had a moment at work and tried to call Del but no answer. In the meantime,I called La Hacienda...just to check...
I was stunned, NEVER expecting them to tell me it was there...someone had turned it in from the parking lot. I even asked them again and again..and yep, it was there.
THAT'S when I called Del.
We pretty much agreed that this had been a direct answer to prayer given Kathryn to increase her faith and trust in a very loving Heavenly Father. And HE is very aware of her and loves her and cares about her. I called and left a message on her phone, knowing she would appreciate the knowledge of the card being found. She was grateful for the phone call, but more than that, she was grateful to the answer to her prayer.
I was too....
Such simple acts of love from a Father who loves His daughter so very much. I'm grateful Kathryn had such a tender moment with an answer to her heartfelt prayer.

No comments: