Sunday, March 7, 2010

Weekend Memories with the Crumps





Fun fun weekend with Mike and Kylie. Saturday night, Del and I treated them to the BYU/TCU basketball game and then they treated us to Maggiano's restaurant afterwards. The game was a blast...well, not for the first 4 minutes or so. TCU came out with a vengeance and whooped our butts for the first little while. Then our coach decided to toss out our starters and put in some hungry players off the bench. By half time, we were back on pace where we usually are and ended up winning the game by 30 points. The whole game was fun and exciting and I yelled most of the time at the top of my lungs. I don't hold back in any of my enthusiasm at BYU games, whether watching it at home in front of the t.v., or when I get the chance to attend in person. So, I could be heard at the game...by everyone...and it didn't help that it was a small gymnasium and I could be heard across the court. I was just too excited to be there!!!
Then dinner afterwards was yummy and a great start for a wonderful fast Sunday today. We ate so much good food...enough to make Kylie look a good 6 months pregnant when she stuck out her pooch. I still had her beat by a good month though, and I wasn't even having to fake the pooch!!!
Fast Sunday was wonderful today - and then tonight, we went to my niece, Julianne's, and her husband Vance's home for a birthday celebration. This is my brother Von, and his wife Ann's, daughter and her husband. There were some of Ann's family there too and I was able to meet them and socialize through a very fun evening of food and games. (note to Ann....it was good to see you....).
Now it's late and time to rest up for a very long week. I work 5 days this next week and then have a big weekend ahead also.
But lots of fun memories. I'm glad we were able to spend such good time with Mike and Kylie.

2 comments:

AnnCP said...

Glad you had a great weekend - and were able to meet my twin! It has been something kind of unique, that between my siblings, we all have a child or children that looks like they should belong to the other sibling! Kathy is a very special niece, whom we are so grateful that she is a part of our family - I am glad you had the opportunity to meet her.

Dave and Loralee said...

lol-I knew who you were talking about too :)