Friday, March 12, 2010

Forced Recovery and Relaxation

Those are ice-packs Del is holding on his cheeks. He had mouth surgery today and is sentenced to a weekend of rest and relaxation. He will be nuts by tomorrow night if not sooner. He's not one to be down for anything, let alone what he considers 'minor mouth surgery'. But it wasn't minor, it was major, and he'll realize that a little better tomorrow when he's a little more swollen, bruised and very sore! So tonight, I keep him medicated with the only thing he'll take...Ibuprofen.
I've crossed paths with the computer every day this week, but just haven't had the time or energy to write the every day happenings of my life. I have been working both my job and Sara's job at work this week, so my days have been earlier and longer each day, plus, of course, i have had Kathryn still sicker than a dog....Yes, the parenthood thing started Monday...and I laughed a hearty laugh when I went into her room Tuesday morning to find the baby at the end of her bed with it's legs straight up in the air, crying. I knew she hadn't gone to Seminary when I heard her up three times during the night. But it wasn't all from the baby. A lot of it was her bronchitis and coughing so hard it made her throw up.
So Tuesday, she returned the baby to the teacher and went off to the doctor. It appears the antibiotics and other medications she was taking have done her no good and she is just as bad, if not worse, than ever. The doctor called me at work and said Kathryn has a bad case of the whole thing and called it a 'lingering' case of bronchitis, strep throat, ear and sinus infections. So she is once again home from school for yet another week. She is as frustrated as the school officials and I am with her illness. She is in trouble with her absence or lack of attendance and so will have to do some make up work and Saturday school time, but we have to get her well first. I have felt terrible for her. She is mentally and physically wiped out at this point. I agreed with her in that it is not the time for her to be a mommy....she'll have to try it later...
We've had Kylie and Mike over several nights for dinner, card games and to watch BYU basketball. This weekend is the Mountain West conference playoff's and we are hoping BYU will take the Championship, although they already have an automatic bid to March Madness, the NCAA playoff's. But I am loving this season. Del and I have always been huge March Madness fan's and spent many years, when we lived in Pocatello, going each year to the play-off's with our dear friends, the Dunn's. It brings back very fond memories....They play again late tonight, which we took an afternoon nap for, and then hopefully, will play tomorrow night for the championship. I love BYU Basketball!! Football...Volleyball...okay, okay - you get it.
My grandbaby is just over 3 inches long now. I'm so proud. We won't find out for another month the sex of the baby, but the excitement is worth it. I still get 'grandma goose bumps' thinking about it. It's amazing what a terrific change this will bring to our family.
Well, time to get ready for tonight's game. That means some stretches, snacks, and an extra Prozac...can't be too prepared!!!
P.S. - makes me NUTS when I go to spellcheck my post that it always highlights 'BYU' as misspelled!!! Uh, duh!!!???

No comments: