Friday, November 25, 2011

A Great Day to be Thankful


Nothing better than starting a holiday off from work with a great football game and a wonderful turkey dinner with family and loved ones.
Thanksgiving dinner was at Mark and Elaine's home this year. And we had a great turn out. I made a turkey with stuffing - took 2 pies and a jello salad on the side. Elaine also made a turkey so we had plenty to feed the 13 of us. The basic potatoes and gravy, rolls, olives, green bean casserole and corn added to the full table. I did my best to not over eat and was successful until the dessert came out and then I did have a small piece of Oreo pie....eeekkkk!!! I caved.
The game was the first of three games played. Packers vs the Lions...and Packers blew them away coming out with an 11-0 record now. They are loooooking gooooood!!!!! It was a great game. Dallas Cowboys also came away with a win to the great pleasure of my son in law and the other men in the room. And the last game of the night was the 49's against the Ravens - with the coaches of each team being brothers...first time in NFL history. The Raven's won, with the only touchdown being made by none other than BYU alumni Dennis Pitta!!! So, the football results were a 100% pleasant for me...
A nice day...a lot to be grateful for.

No comments: