Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Not Ready to Relinquish My Title


Kylie thinks that this picture of Preston merits her receiving the above award of 'Mother of the Year'. I think NOT!!!!
APPARENTLY, Preston was fussy this morning in the car and would not be pacified with food, entertainment by Kylie or even toys. Kylie was quickly becoming desperate in trying to quiet him during her stressful morning so she grabbed her tube of mascara and gave it to him in his car seat, at which time, he silenced his squeals and was content. Of course Kylie, knowing Preston could NOT open the mascara, was pleased at her choice of distractions for him as he was quiet for a good amount of time, allowing her to finish her conversation on the phone with her hubby Mike.
Have I mentioned that Preston is a genius??? Well...proof is in the picture. It took him only minutes to accomplish the above 'make-over' and with just a little eye shadow and blush, he could complete his 'evening look', smokey eye and all.
Kylie calls me in a combination panic and exhausted desperation and tells me the above story. Of course, I am giggling throughout the whole thing asking her if she has taken a picture of it until she finally says..'MOM...he ingested mascara!!'. Of course, I know that mascara is no cause to call the poison control number and that there is no emergency in the situation, but I don't realize that KYLIE is feeling a desperation to know that she's not a failure as a mother in making the decision to give him mascara to play with. I quickly calm her down in letting her know there is no medical emergency and try to show her the humor of the moment. I hear Preston fussy still in the back ground and tell her to give Preston the mascara back. That's when she says she HAS given it back and he's MAD because he can't get it open now. I start the giggling ALL over again.
But she's tired...and weary...she's gone home, cleaned him up in the bath and has now relaxed enough that I encourage her to go down for a long nap when Preston does and when she wakes up, to take a moment to THEN look at the picture and enjoy a good laugh.
I also told her that there would be no 'Mother of the Year' award for her yet...that I still held that award but only received it after THREE children. She had a LONG ways to go until she would EARN that award.
She's such a good mom...and has given both Del and me some VERY humorous moments to remember in her raising of Preston.
Funny picture above...and it will give ALL of us many laughs in the years to come.

No comments: