Friday, November 25, 2011

Only the TOTALLY Insane


I have never participated in this crazy tradition of the 'Day After Thanksgiving'...otherwise known as...BLACK FRIDAY!!!!
But apparently Del did this year. I wouldn't have known because I went to bed after the last football game last night, but my only clue was that Del didn't crawl into bed until...4:30 a.m.!!!
So when I went home for lunch today, I snuck my head in his office at which time he looked up from his recent purchase...a new computer. I was happy for him. He's needed one for years. But I wasn't anxious to hear the horrid story of his waiting in line for hours or any possible violence that may have gone on during his Black Friday experience. And there WAS plenty of violence. I read stories over the internet and heard a few more on the news of people getting violent over toys, electronics and other coveted gifts...shootings, stabbings and even pepper sprayings by both consumers and police alike.
Sounds like something I might want to try next year????
NEVER!!! I'll pay full price...OR..do without!!!

No comments: