Wednesday, November 16, 2011

It's the Most Wonderful Time...Of My Year!!

But I'm not talking about Christmas....I'm talking about my yearly visit to my OBGYN. Why do we have to do this year after year after year??? Because, the year I DIDN'T go, would of course be, the year I got breast cancer!!! So, I go...year after year after year. But don't be deceived by these faces you see. They appear to be friendly....but looks can be????? Just as they are! They ARE friendly. This is Cathy...the friendly receptionist there EVER was... after filling out the appropriate paper work and getting copies of insurance cards and drivers licenses, she informs me it will be just a few minutes before the mid evil torture will start.

The worst room of all...I'm taken here first - told to pee and then WEIGH myself. For heaven's sake, REALLY????
OH NO!!! Don't let this innocent smile fool you...she's tricky!!
She takes you into this other room and takes the below xray!!
After much smashing, shifting, smooshing and squishing,
I am left to look at this xray ..the dreaded mammogram!!
She looks nice enough....but she uses needles!!! Sneaky!!
I should have known by her white lab coat !!!
Oh NO! NO! NO! Don't even think this is a sweet older man!
This sweet older man told me I needed to lose another good
15-20 pounds and I got no 'pat on the back' for the 35 I had
already lost!!! He only hopes it makes a difference in my
triglyceride and cholesterol levels before he dishes out ANY
praise my way. HUMPH!!! I'll show him!!!!!


The annual pap smear and blood work has got to be the worst. You ask any woman and she'll answer you the same 'IT'S THE PITS' response I give you!! And yet? We're told 'it's a must'.
Men wouldn't last 5 minutes in these appointments!!! They can't even stand to be TOLD the procedures, let alone visualize anything we have to go through.
I would LOVE to be clever and witty in the telling of my visit today...a little more Erma Bombeck-ish...and I WOULD have been had I done this post 6 hours ago when I had enough humor and energy left in me to write the details of it all. But since my appointment, I have vacuumed, dusted, done laundry, cleaned 2 bathrooms, made beds, cleaned the kitchen top to bottom, made dinner and had my mother in law Shirley arrive for a three week stay.
Enough said....
Maybe I'll add a 'post script' later...a funny one...when I FIND the humor again of my yearly visit. IF I find the humor...
I will.

1 comment:

AnnCP said...

I just had a mammogram this last week. It was clean! So grateful, cause the last three I have had to go back for further testing!!!