Wednesday, May 30, 2012

I Hate the Hiccups

So we are finding a few gliches in the 'buying the house' department.
I call them hiccups.
Del went out to the property yesterday with the inspector and the findings were not very encouraging.  Appears there are some foundation problems, plumbing and electrical mishaps and then a few other 'hiccups' here and there.  And then last night and today, there were MAJOR thunderstorms and hail throughout the area and our new neighbor over there, Eric, called Del to say that his home, several neighbors homes, and most likely our home too, had roof and hail damage.
HICCUP!!!
I'm feeling nervous.  Del asked me what I thought of everything and strangely enough, I still feel it's where we are supposed to be, but we need to figure out how to get rid of..the hiccups.
Some of the things are 'do-able' with little or no effort, but a few of the hiccups will take a little more negotiating and repairs.  We will see what the builders are ready to do.  But in the meantime, Del has asked for an extension on our 'option out' time for an additional week to see if the situation gets better.  I'm sure hoping that it does.  I want the house...and I know Del does too.
I wonder if I hold my breath for the extended week, if the hiccups will go away?
It's worth a try.

No comments: