Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Flatlined - Part 2

More thoughts on my thoughts.
My mood swings are getting worse - or at least, my highs and lows are getting more extreme.  I seem to be a little more subdued lately.  I guess that's not such a bad thing but it's just not something I am used to - or that others are used to.  I'm forever being asked if  I'm 'okay' and I'm realizing that actually means, 'Why aren't
 you your usual vibrant, over enthusiastic and bubbly self?'  I don't know why.  Too tired to have that much energy anymore?  I guess so.
At 6:30 a.m., on my way to work, I was trying to find the right word to describe my recent behavior.
PASSION - less.  I've lost my passion...my MO-JO.
I have no passion in my life...no goals...no dreams or desires...nothing that brings me much EXCITEMENT.
Now, I don't want anyone to think that I'm not happy, because I am.  I'm just not like I used to be.  I feel just a little empty as compared to the overflowing amount of passion I used to live with.  I used to do everything with a huge amount of energy and enthusiasm.  Now, I don't.
Even football...even BYU sports...even life.
And I don't like that.  I don't like that by the time I get off from spending a 12 hour work day that I have no energy left to live.  Is this just me getting old????  I used to think that the friend I have, who spent 12 hours at work and then just came home and vegetated in front of the tv, had no life.  But that friend is now ME!!!! 
How do I find the energy to live life again???


No comments: