Thursday, October 18, 2012

Flatlined - Part 3

Mr. Lee Smith is a client of ours at the animal hospital.  He came in this morning.  What a sweet older man.  I'm going to guess that he is in his late 60's, maybe early 70's.  His wife is lovely and is wheel chair bound, so she does not come with him every time he brings his pets.  When I ask how she is, he always responds with an adoring loving remark about how well she is doing.  I think I have a crush on him.
He came to pick up a prescription for his dog today and had a short wait while it was being filled so we got to talking.  He is the epitome of my daddy four years ago...spunky, humorous, cute and entertaining.  He asked how I was enjoying our new house...did I have any trips planned, how was work going etc. I asked if he and his wife were planning any trips for the holidays...and that's where our main discussion went.
Del and I are becoming Mr. and Mrs. Smith.
We have found the place we are going to be settling in for the rest of our lives.
Our children live near us, so most likely, all of our holidays, vacations and special occasions will be held at one of our local homes...
I'm okay with all of this.  I really don't want or need to travel except to see my parents...AND, an occasional vacation with my children and get-aways with Del.
Otherwise...I want to just stay put...nest...retire.
I know and hope that I will have an occasional spurt of energy and or adrenalin rush and I'll want to go and explore some part of the world...but otherwise...no.
I THINK THIS IS MENOPAUSE!!!
There ya go...that just sums it up in one word.
MENOPAUSE!!!  That would explain everything, wouldn't it??  The mood swings, the emotional detachments from everyone and everything - the fatigue, the boredom, the hum drum - the FLATLINE.
I need meds.
I go next month to the doctor for my 'yearly' and I'm going to explain to him that he better fix this.
I need meds...something to bring me back to life.
I need a heartbeat.

No comments: