Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Perfect Sabbath Day

Mike and Preston relaxing on the back lawn.

Papa pitches to Preston, who with his mama's help, hit the ball.

Preston and daddy hit it out of the ballpark!!!

Preston and Papa went for a walk to collect flowers.

Preston gave flowers to all the girls.

Papa is showing Preston the green beans in the garden.

A little game of 'chicken' was won by Preston and Papa.

Preston's reaction when he was told it was time to come in the house for dinner.

His night ended with popcorn and a movie.
Besides the fact that Jordan and Lexi weren't able to come, it was the perfect ending of a perfect Sabbath Day.
Church was fantastic.  I wore a new skirt and top which Del said I looked really skinny and pretty in.  That, of course, made me feel like a hundred bucks.  Church meetings were good and associating with the ward members was fantastic.
I made a wonderful dinner - a new recipe that I found on Pintrest and improvised on - chicken, stuffed with 4 different cheeses, asparagus and wrapped in bacon, rolls, corn, baked potatoes, homemade butter pecan cake and brownies and ice cream for dessert.  Everyone just loved it and appreciated all the hard work I went to make it....and then the fun we had in the pictures.  It all made for a really enjoyable and relaxing Sabbath Day.
Love for the Savior, love for my ward family and then love for my little family I love so much.  It sure makes the events of this past week, so much more bearable when I am able to have a day like today to forget the rest.
I have much to be grateful for.

No comments: