Monday, April 1, 2013

The Meaning of Easter







Yes, I know and understand the true meaning of Easter.  It will always be about the Savior.  Always.
But now that I am a mother and grandmother, I understand even MORE fully what the Savior and his atonement and resurrection have provided for me.  These pictures above are now what the resurrection mean to me....that there will be a life after this one where I will have all those that I love with me eternally.
The world has added Easter bunnies, Easter eggs and candy and some extra enjoyment of the holiday.  To some, it distracts from the true meaning of the season, but for others, it only adds more joy to the already joyous meaning of the Spring Holiday.
I am grateful that I can appreciate ALL that the holiday has to offer, knowing and understanding first and foremost, our Saviors influence in my life.  I give Him gratitude for his sacrifice and resurrection providing me with an eternal happiness with those I love.

No comments: