Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I Love to See The Temple

My Uncle Bob is the President of the Dallas Temple.
Yesterday, his secretary called me saying Uncle Bob wanted to meet with me for an interview today, so I went today at 3:00.  We met for an hour where Uncle Bob called me to be an ordinance worker on Tuesday's day shift.  I was honored...and very touched for the opportunity this would allow me and our family.  What a blessing....to be in the temple every Tuesday serving the Lord.  I am beyond thrilled.
I attended the 4:00 session after the interview and when it was over, Aunt Talmage caught me in the hall and invited me to dinner with her and Uncle Bob in the cafeteria.  I had a bowl of soup while they had a full dinner and we had a wonderful conversation about my daddy's condition, other family and my new calling.  They also invited us out to their farm on the 12th with the rest of their family, so we will be going out with our children to spend some time with them.
The temple calling will be a 2 year calling to start and then I will be re-interviewed every two years to see if anything has changed to merit me being released...new job schedule, time restraints etc... So, for two years, I will be in the temple every Tuesday.
Life just keeps getting better and better.

No comments: