Saturday, May 4, 2013

Three Temple Presidents

The Dallas Temple has been closed for the past two weeks, so Uncle Bob took the opportunity to go up and see my daddy for a visit to 'say goodbye'.  He sent me some pictures of his visit and this was my favorite.
These are three temple presidents.  Uncle Floyd of the San Diego Temple, Uncle Bob of the Dallas Temple, and my daddy of the Los Angeles Temple.  Three very good men.
Uncle Bob shared some thoughts with me.  Felt daddy was worse than he had anticipated and would probably not be with us much longer than a month or two.  Also, he said that daddy was not able to speak much at all, but did manage to express some tender words to Uncle Bob as they said their goodbyes the last day.  Uncle Bob said he was able to understand every word daddy had to say.
I was so glad Uncle Bob had been able to see daddy in person.  They have been very close and dear brothers, just as is Uncle Floyd.
The picture is dear to me.  I will treasure it always.

No comments: