Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Found Sleeping on the Job


This man works hard and he plays hard.
He starts EARLY EARLY in the morning and goes LATE into the night.
Today, I needed to go over to Kylie's to help her out with watching the kids for a few hours while she got some things done.  This is what I found when I came home.
He didn't hear me; he didn't hear a thing.  His feet were up on the desk, THREE computer screens going and the ear phones in each ear...he was on a conference call.
I took the picture.  I took TWO, in fact.
Minutes later, while I was here on the computer downloading the photo to face book, he got a call on his cell phone that awakened him.  He had a short conversation, then got up, used the restroom, and then came into the kitchen to snitch into the chocolate cake that was on the counter.
Now, mind you....he had to pass me to get into the kitchen.  I mean...HE WALKED RIGHT PAST ME to get to the cake, and didn't see me.  He snitched into the cake, taking several bites and even licking the knife several times before he went to the sink to wash his hands.  The sink faces where I was sitting at the kitchen table.  Still no recognition.  It wasn't until he was on his way back to his office and passing the table, that he finally looked over, jumped back, and said 'Uh, hi honey...'  I was staring at him with the most dumbfounded look on my face and said, 'Hi Del.'  I couldn't help but ask...'Did you NOT see me Del?'  'Nope...I was thinking about something else..'
Really??  Two feet away and he was 'thinking about something else'.
I'm pretty sure he lives in a state of comatose.

No comments: