Sunday, September 15, 2013

I'm Glad They're Back


Jordan and Lexi have moved back home.  They will be with us for probably almost two years and so I have put them right to work.  Lexi will be doing a lot of the cooking, which I am thrilled about, but we do have several projects that we will be doing together.  The first, of which we did this first week they were here.  I was so disappointed I had missed the opportunity to make raspberry freezer jam the last time raspberries were available, BUT, when Lexi went grocery shopping this week, she found raspberries on sale....so I sent her back to the store to buy out every raspberry she could find.  And then we spent the evening making my favorite jam ever.  Now, my freezer is full.



Del even helped in the process of jam making, even though he had strict orders from the ER doctor to stay down for a few weeks.  Yup, Del is back to some of his OLD tricks...emphasis on the OLD.  He really needs to remember his age and act accordingly.  But no...instead, he has to go to Young Mens activities and play softball like he's 20 something - hit like a mad man, run bases even harder and diving and stretching for fly balls he has no business reaching for.  The results of his childish actions?  A torn calf muscle on his right leg...visit to the ER, much pain and discomfort, and the instructions to stay off it for at least two weeks.
Yeah...in one ear....and out the other.  And a $100 co-pay.

No comments: