Saturday, November 9, 2013

Enjoying the 'Fill er' Up' Weekend

It almost sounds selfish.
But unless one takes time to refill their tank, they are left with nothing else to give.
And I don't like running on empty.  But I find, that many times, in my roles as mother, wife, full time employee and member of the church, I forget to take time to 'pull over and refill my tank', in order to make it through the next stretch of life.
It's got to be okay to take 'me' time.  That's what I've done this weekend.  Yesterday, after I took Kathryn's car in to be serviced for the day, I went to my presidency meeting for 2 hours, and then realized, I had the rest of the 'weekend' off.  Not meaning, I didn't have things to do, but I had no commitments.  Del left for an overnight activity with the Youth and so I was left here at home, to enjoy doing my things at my leisure...laundry, cooking, watching sports -cleaning and more BYU sports.  And then today, I have done more laundry, watched more sports and now get to watch BYU football alone.  I like it.  I really do.  I'm just really enjoying some 'me' time.  I will need to finish preparing my Sharing Time for tomorrow and finish the laundry, but all on MY time schedule.
And I will feel FULL tomorrow, ready to go another week of giving of my full tank - to my family, my husband, my job and the church.
I worry, sometimes, about those who don't have the chance to do what I am doing...mainly, my husband. Weeks and weekends like this, don't tend to give him much, if any time to 'refill the tank.'  I need to make sure I am able to cover for him when he's on empty.

No comments: