Sunday, November 24, 2013

It Will Come


This is an ice storm that is being anticipated, but has not yet happened.
Yesterday, our stake president called Del and asked that he cancel our ward meetings for today and instead, attend the Crossroads Ward Sacrament meeting at 9:00 only and then come home.  He did not want us being out in the storm.
I thought it was pre-mature -even looked out the window at nothing happening and questioned why the Stake President would be so cautious.  But Del wasn't hesitant at all in being obedient and sent out a mass text to all the ward leadership relaying Pres. Peterson's message.  As the night went along, there were responses from ward members and friends alike, belittling the Priesthood decision.  I kept my thoughts private but hoped there would be a huge pile of snow and or ice storm this morning to justify the decision made the night before.
But I awoke to a peaceful quiet..no rain...no snow...no storm.  But I was awake early, showered and dressed to go to the Crossroads Ward Sacrament Meeting.  Jordan and Lexi joined me.  Del was pleased to see us there, but we were three of only a very few from our ward.  The others, I imagine, took it as a day off from church.
My thoughts are as follows....
1.  I'm pleased that Del does not question directive from Priesthood authority.  I did...
2.  I've been wondering what the Lord wants me to understand about this experience - that it doesn't matter whether or not I understand the details or circumstances, I trust the Lord does.  It doesn't have to make sense to me.
3. It doesn't matter whether or not it ever becomes obvious as to the 'why' of a decision, obedience is mandated, not optional, when given by our priesthood leader.
4.  That blind obedience is not a bad thing...it's not giving up a freedom or binding my hands or decisions, it is the fact that because I DO have faith and love for my Heavenly Father, following his authority is not done BLINDLY, it is done WILLINGLY with faith.

No storm yet...this time.
But the storm WILL come - maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow - but it WILL come.
And hopefully, I will be obedient again - whether done with eyes wide open, or with what many have called, blind faith.
Understanding the 'why' is not always necessary.
But obedience is always the right answer.

No comments: