Monday, November 18, 2013

Twins!!!


No, Elaine and I are not twins, but after I posted this picture on my facebook, there were plenty of people who thought we looked enough alike that we could pass as twins. 
But the baby shower I went to for Janene WAS for twins.  She is having a boy and a girl and naming them Ethan and Charlotte.  It was well attended by family and friends and we all had such a great time.  Becky and Brittany hosted the shower at Elaine's house and everyone brought mostly diapers and wipes to hopefully last for a month or so.  Twins!  I can't even imagine, especially since Kylie is now claiming she and Mike are done with having more children and Jordan and Lexi are going to hopefully only have one at a time.  But, you never know.
It was nice to see Elaine and some of the nieces and cousins for the first time since my daddy's funeral.  I am trying to make an extra effort to start spending time with people who are important to me - and it WAS fun...I'm now looking forward to next week when we have Thanksgiving over at Elaine's house.

Del and Kathryn were both gone for the past weekend.  Kathryn left Tuesday for a cruise with a friend that she won't be home from until tonight.  Del left on Thursday to spend the weekend up in Utah with his mother and some of his brothers for his mom's birthday and I picked him up from the airport last night, and then we stopped at Mike and Kylie's for a few hours on our way home.  It was great fun to see and play with the grandkids - they were both adorable, playful and giggly.  Preston is almost completely potty trained now and Madison has decided she can walk just fine now from place to place.  I can't believe she will be one year old next month.  So fun!
Love having Del back home - Had stake conference this weekend and our stake pres gave a wonderful talk Sunday session - about being 'yoked together' in our marriages - It was both humorous and poignant.  LOVED it!  It will bring me much thought for weeks and months to come.

No comments: