Wednesday, February 5, 2014

One of His Sheep

I have felt a little lost over the past few weeks with Del going back and forth to Boston, having Relief Society responsibilities that have caused me to go here and there, intense work situations that have been worked through on pure adrenaline, etcetcetc...
And it has seemed that when Del has come home on the weekend, we really haven't had the time to be together as he has soooo much ward business to catch up on, yard situations and I have still had all my things to do too...we just haven't been able to be close - had time to be personal and together.
I was feeling the loss of this last night as I got home from work feeling DRAINED, moody from my hormones being whacked out, tried to get dinner going really quickly so he could eat before he had to get ready and leave for an evening of taking care of ward members.
I was feeling abandoned...left alone again.  I'm usually not very needy - but I needed some of his moments...and he recognized it.
So, the good, kind and loving Bishop that he is, before rushing out to go and tend to the needs of 'his flock' as Bishop, he stopped for a few tender moments, and took care of the needs of his lonely wife first...reassuring me of his love and devotion to me as  his wife and our marriage.
I was so appreciative - and grateful that he first, recognized the need, and then second, that he put me first and met that need.  He took care of THIS sheep first.
I sent him off with a full and warm heart -
I love him very much.

No comments: