Saturday, February 1, 2014

Now Let's Get Back to Normal

Del has been traveling for work.
It throws everything off that we have established as 'normal' in our routine.
When he's gone, I don't cook, I don't do laundry, I don't go grocery shopping, I don't do dishes...and I am in bed by 8:00 each night and crashed.
He was gone last week to Boston - left early Monday morning and got home Friday night.  The weekend was spent getting things done for church, around the house and yard and then trying to fit in time for a baby shower for Lexi, time with the grandkids and then a few other responsibilities we had.
Then he left again this past Monday morning, early to Boston again and then got home last night.  The grandchildren were here at the house where I babysat them all day and so he played with them, we fed them and then Mike took them home...we only had time to fit in watching the BYU basketball game I had taped the night before , before we crashed dead tired.
Up early today to go to the temple - then we stopped by the feed store to check out seeds for our garden, check out the chickens and supplies we'll need for the chickens and then here to home where I am going to finish up the laundry, finish preparing my Relief Society lesson while Del is doing a series of Bishop things before we have to go to some single adult activity tonight.
But Del pleasantly stated he has no traveling to do for awhile, of which I am glad.
Now, maybe we can settle back in to what we have established as normal.

No comments: