Sunday, February 15, 2015

A Huge Sigh Of Relief

Surgery went well.
I am so grateful and feel an overwhelming thanks to my Heavenly Father for watching over my sweet husband before and after his surgery.  Good nurses - great surgeon, who approached this surgery with faith and expertise - even asked us to pray with him before he took Del back to operate.  I was touched with his level of both physical and spiritual concern over the situation.
Two members of our high priest group came early Friday morning before we left for the hospital, to give Del a priesthood blessing.  Such a beautiful blessing of promise and comfort.  It was perfect.  Del is so admired and loved by the members of our ward.  So many prayers and thoughts were shared on his behalf...and many prayers answered when the surgeon reported to me the success of the surgery immediately after he was finished.  I didn't realize how anxious and nervous I was over the whole thing until after the surgeon left, and I felt my whole body relax and sink into the chair.  I was so grateful to my Father in Heaven for answered prayers.
Lexi came to the hospital with Emerson, which really lightened my anxiety and gave me some relief from what was going on.  I was so thankful for her company and joy from Emerson's presence.  I was able to experience some joy during a stressful time.
Del is recovering nicely.  He's over doing it - not resting like he should - even went to church today and is at a youth fireside tonight.  I knew he would - that's Del. I wish he would take the time to heal like he needs to, but Del will always be Del.  I can't fight him on it.  I just have to trust that he is doing what he needs to to feel well.
I am needing to really dig in to memorizing the music for my choir participation.  It's hard...and takes a lot of time that I haven't been giving it.  But now that I have Del's situation out of the way, I will try and focus on my choir role.  Last Thursday night, Brett listened to each of our voices and then placed us next to others in our section to see where we fit the best.  I was put in the 'core' of the second altos - which means, there are 10 out of the about 28 of us, that are called the 'core' - and all the other women are supposed to try and sound like 'the core'.  The core 10 ladies sound much alike - we blend really well - I was pleased and will try to sound my best.  I had attached myself to three of the ladies right from day one, feeling that I sounded a lot like them.  And sure enough, we are the middle of the core.  Now, I will try to sing my best.
Life is sweet right now.  Valentine's Day yesterday, was spent making my sweetheart homemade bread and playing with the grand kids who came to see Papa.  Then we spent the evening watching the BYU basketball game.  My idea of a perfect evening.  We have no expectations of each other and we just enjoy the simplicity of our peaceful lives.  We adore each other and enjoy spending every moment together.  This past week was especially intimate and sweet  - we are so deeply connected spiritually and in all other ways.  It makes life so worth it.
A huge sigh of relief.

No comments: